The Food Scientist is responsible for the formulation of new and existing
products, maintaining records of procedures and results of laboratory and
plant trials. The Food Scientist analyzes data, develops ingredient
specifications, and works directly with customers on new products and
• Formulates new thermally processed food products including preparation
of lab samples, sourcing raw materials and ingredients.
• Develops formulas and conducts laboratory trials of formulas.
• Manages development and reformulations with customers.
• Sets up and monitors plant scale-ups.
• Maintains records of procedures and results of plant trials.
• Cost reduction and product improvement of existing products through
formulations and process improvements.
• Processes pilot or full-scale retort equipment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Food Science or related field.
• Five to ten years of food related R&D experience and/or training.
• Experience with a range of thermally processed products including
meats, chilis and soups a plus.
• Computer skills including spreadsheets and data analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills
Interested candidates should submit current resume along with salary
history to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a faster response please include
job code in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must
have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor