George’s, Inc. is seeking an experienced Assistant QA
Coordinator for its Cassville, MO Processing Facility. This position will
oversee and direct the Plant Food Safety Programs including HACCP, SSOP and
other food safety regulatory compliance systems. This position will
directly supervise the Night Shift QA Supervisor and QA team, while working
with both shifts on Food Safety and QA Systems Management.
George's, Inc. is a fully integrated poultry operation headquartered in
Springdale, Arkansas. It is a fourth generation family owned operation that
began in the late 1920's. Guided by the aggressiveness of youth and the
foresight that comes with experience, George's has grown from a small
business serving local and regional markets into a multi-division
corporation serving national and international markets with innovative,
high quality poultry products.
George’s Inc offers a competitive benefits
package to our full-time employees. These benefits include: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Whole Life Insurance, Term Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD,
1. Oversee and direct the Plant Food Safety Programs including HACCP, SSOP
and other food safety regulatory compliance systems.
2. Directly supervise the Night Shift QA Supervisor and QA team, while
working with both shifts on Food Safety and QA Systems Management.
3. Update food safety programs as needed to adjust to changes in
regulations, customer requirements, or company policies.
4. Organize weekly meetings with USDA and plant officials to discuss food
safety and regulatory issues. Take notes from such meetings and distribute
minutes, and follow-up on issues mentioned in these meetings.
5. Coordinate NR responses from various members of plant management, to
ensure the responses written by department managers (maintenance manager,
production superintendent, sanitation manager, QA manager, etc.) are
timely, accurate, and within USDA guidelines.
6. Lead training program for food safety and USDA regulatory compliance for
all employees of the Cassville plant. This involves working with the Human
Resources Manager to ensure training is conducted properly upon new hire
orientation, and ongoing training and follow-up is conducted for all
employees for food safety systems.
7. Report on HACCP programs during customer audits and visits.
8. Assist other department managers with facility audits and corrections.
9. qDaily review all
HACCP, SSOP, and related pre-requisite programs from compliance to
regulations, and follow-up with responsible managers regarding noted
10. Develop a positive working relationship with USDA officials.
11. Assist QA Manager and Supervisors with other duties as needed.
12. Occasional travel to other locations is required
1. Experienced and knowledgeable in USDA regulations
2. Minimum education is a 4 year B.S. degree in an applicable field
3. Minimum 5 years of experience in poultry processing and/or food
4. Technical writing proficiency
5. Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office
6. Must be a proven effective team leader and motivator
7. Must have positive communication skills and customer service
George’s Inc is an equal
opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse