Quality Assurance Lead Tech
Fairway Market is actively looking to add a Quality Assurance Lead
Technician for its Produce Department
Key notes about the position
Reports To: Director, Quality Assurance
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Years of Experience: 7 + years
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000/year
Lead the Quality Assurance, Food Safety, and
Compliance programs for all Produce Operations within Fairway’s Production
& Distribution Center and Retail Stores by developing and implementing
a comprehensive quality and food safety system compliant with the Global
Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the 2010 Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA),
USDA requirements, cGMPs, and Company Best
Essential Job Functions – Duties and
1. Collaborate with internal Merchant Experts,
Plant Managers, Suppliers, and Production Center Management to develop and
implement detailed product specifications for all Produce Items handled by
2. Create, implement, audit, and enforce Food
Safety systems consistent with USDA requirements, GFSI standards, FSMA, cGMPs and Fairway Market Best Practices.
3. Audit and ensure process controls, lot
tracking, environmental conditions, and compliance with Fairway Food Safety
System in Produce departments within Production Center and Retail Stores.
4. Lead the Employee Safety initiative for all
Produce operations and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal
safety requirements including OSHA.
5. Provide technical direction and responses to
consumers and customer requests; handle product inquires and follow up on
retrieved complaints as identified by Consumer Relations.
6. Identify employee and organizational
developmental opportunities to enhance knowledge of relevant QA and Food
• Bachelor’s Degree in food sciences, food
process engineering or appropriate biological sciences.
• 7 + years work-related experience in food
manufacturing, USDA, FDA Inspection, and/ or quality assurance.
• Strong understanding of Fresh Produce
specifications and handling.
• Experience with regulatory requirements at
manufacturing level, specifically organic and kosher certification
• Familiarity with applicable federal, state and
local laws both domestically and internationally
• Effective communication skills, both
internally as well as externally with regulatory inspectors, auditors, and
• Strong ability to handle complexity and
judgment in order to quickly problem solve and make judicious decisions
regarding product quality and safety.