Simmering Soup Kitchen, LLC is a growing food
processing business located in Midtown Atlanta. We are adding this new full
time position – Food Technologist - to assist our Product Development Chef.
This is an entry level position and a great opportunity to build your
career within a growing business. We are part of a larger organization with
facilities in Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas and Rhode Island and enjoy the
exchange of resources and knowledge that multiple facilities provides. Also the increased career opportunities!
We produce fresh entrees, soups, salads, sandwiches
and wraps for discerning customers in the grocery and food service sectors.
We have an extensive product line that is constantly changing and expanding
– which is why we need help! Our goal is to be nimble enough to quickly
respond to customer requests, but sufficiently process oriented to make
sure that we maintain rigorous food safety and quality standards.
As the successful candidate you combine culinary
flair with knowledge of food science. You are energized by the challenge of
exceeding customer expectations in the context of a lean food processing
facility with just in time inventory and production methods. You are a
strong communicator and a true team player, who ensures that the Product
Development department supports sales and production, and works in
coordination with quality assurance, purchasing and accounting.
You will be responsible for taking culinary products
from the most basic idea through the process of sourcing and costing
ingredients, pitching customers, formulating and reformulating, product
testing, running trials and overseeing first production. Exciting stuff!
- Develop new products from ideation to plant execution
- Prepare samples for customer presentations and participate in product
cuttings providing support to Sales & Marketing
- Lead plant trials and monitor initial production runs
- Assist in development of Standard Operating Procedures
- Work closely with Quality Assurance, Production and Procurement
- Ongoing maintenance of recipes/formulations, methodologies and
- Ingredient sourcing / evaluation
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Diploma / Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related discipline
- Culinary experience a definite asset
- Manufacturing experience a definite asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation control skills
- Strong time management skills to meet timelines
- Computer literacy