Food Safety Manager – Princeton, NJ
We currently have an immediate opportunity available for a Food Safety Manager to join the Flavors
Quality Department in our Corporate Compliance Group at our Firmenich Flavors Global Headquarters
located in Princeton, New Jersey.
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining programs and policies to ensure the
manufacture of food safe products at all times. Experience working in an GFSI (FSSC22000) certified
environment desired; HACCP certification needed
- Ensure compliance with all federally mandated food safety regulations identified by QA. Implement
current industry best practices identified by QA.
- Identify and be ready to lead organization change to implement proposed regulatory standards.
- Develop and manage food safety related projects and programs
- Lead and facilitate implementation and maintenance of HACCP Programs including team meetings,
HACCP Review Studies, verification procedures, team training, risk analysis
- Act as Lead on Client and 3rd Party Audits
- Drive implementation of best practice of allergen handling
- Inspect facility for GMP's, Glass, Brittle Plastics and Ceramics audits and participate in audit schedules
for internal facilities and external warehousing sights. Write reports and coordinate corrective actions.
MUST BE AN INDEPENDENT INDIVIDUAL
- Perform plant water testing and environmental monitoring.
- Provide training and development of colleagues on the food safety aspects of their jobs (e.g GMP,
HACCP, Allergen, New Employee Readiness for Food Safety, Sanitation Contractor Training)
- Develop and maintain master sanitation schedules. Report on compliance
- Maintain all pertinent records, reports and other paperwork as needed
- Take a lead role in managing third party (GFSI) and client audits
- Assist various departments in writing procedures and work instructions.
- Validate cleaning procedures and protocols via appropriate testing of rinse water for TOC's and
analytical testing as well as protein, ATP, microbiological swabbing of equipment.
- Manage pest control program
- Develop GMP scoring system to better communicate with site management.
- Respond to customer questionnaires on food safety aspects.
- M.S. degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related scientific field or equivalent with experience in the
- At least 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with direct quality experience.
- HACCP Certification
- Excellent communications skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision..
- Technically familiar/proficient in Food safety, Allergen testing and Micro testing protocol.
- Experience with MS Office: Word, Excel and standard MS office software.
- LIMS and/or SAP experience a plus.
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to
reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act
within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer
competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Subsidized Cafeteria!
* Tobacco Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
USA - New Jersey - Princeton
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com