Food Scientist - Co-op – Downers Grove, IL
- Job #:
- Job Type:
- Job Grade:
- Business Unit:
- College part time
- Ralcorp Frozen Bakery Products
- Downers Grove IL
purpose of this job is to support the development of food products from
concept to commercialization at Ralcorp including development of
preparation procedures, cost reduction, manufacturing and continuous
improvement projects. Each session, the candidate for this position will
concentrate their work in an area such as R&D, QA, Operations or
Continuous Improvement. In addition to other activities, during each
session, the candidate will be expected to plan, collaborate, execute and
report on one special project under direction of a supervisor. There will
be strong interaction with Ralcorp personnel in R&D, QA, operations,
process development, and commercialization in order to successfully create
food systems leading to new business. There may be some limited customer
contact. This job is intended to be a multi-session co-op work experience
with the candidate returning to Ralcorp during alternating school and
duties include, but are not limited to:
Assist in product development projects, coordinate product development
issues with other departments, refine current formulations, maintain
formulation records, qualify primary and secondary ingredient vendors,
perform product shelf life experiments and help maintain R&D lab and
· Problem solving and project planning.
· Gather data during experiments; organize and present data in usable
· Report results of experiments and present project work.
· Sensory evaluation of products.
· Keep accurate records of all experiments and plant tests (materials,
methods, results and conclusions).
· Responsible for food safety, food quality and food defense.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Keep work areas clean.
· Keep ingredients organized.
· Clean lab and pilot plant equipment and utensils.
duties as assigned.
1. Well schooled in scientific method and ability
to apply scientific principles.
2. Computer savvy. Skilled in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel,
3. Good written and oral communication skills.
4. Creative and innovative.
5. Ability to follow directions exactly.
6. Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
7. Good problem solving ability.
8. Able to lift packages and equipment.
9. Able to work on feet for most of day.
10. Able to read and understand formulas and other instructions (simple
math and statistics).
Full time student pursuing degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or
High school diploma.
At least one year of college courses pursuing degree in Food Science, Food
Engineering or related major
Strong laboratory science curriculum.
Any related experience, including restaurant work, is a plus
Submit Your Resume
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Ralcorp is an equal
opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ralcorp to provide equal employment
opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability, or status as a
disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
EMAIL THIS JOB TO A FRIEND