Company in Kansas City, KS is seeking a Plant Food Safety and
Quality Manager. This role directs, plans, and implements food safety,
quality, and sanitation programs for the plant. Responsibilities include:
1. Leads cross functional team for development, implementation and
sustainability of the HACCP plan and prerequisite programs.
2. Manages and audits HACCP program compliance internally and audits external
3. Champions process improvements and resolution of food safety and quality
4. Provides technical and statistical support; analyzes product and process
5. Conducts and coordinates FDA, AIB, SQF, and other inspections.
6. Ensures raw and packaging materials and finished goods meet Company
7. Conducts food safety & quality meetings.
8. Communicates corporate, customer, and consumer food safety and quality
concerns to appropriate personnel.
9. Coordinates new product introductions, product improvement initiatives,
new or alternate vendors, and any related trials.
10. Ensures compliance with applicable food laws and regulations.
11. Serves as the plant point of contact for Kosher or Organic inspections,
issues and certifications.
12. Maintains fiscal responsibility and development of operating budgets.
13. Coordinates capital spending for Sanitation/Quality/Food Safety projects.
14. Provides thorough diagnostics & interpretation of technical
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the worlds leading
producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including
cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles, and meat
alternatives. Visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an
inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse
talent of its people.
Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
Degree in Food Science or a related field, plus a minimum of eight years of
experience is required, OR a Masters Degree in Food Science or a related
field, plus a minimum of five years of experience is required, OR a High
School Diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in a food
production environment is required.
Candidate must have:
- Broad knowledge of operations and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Knowledge of statistical process control techniques and their application
to process control.
- Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including
microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
- Proven successful experience in Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Working knowledge and use of computers and common software (such as MS
- Thorough understanding of sanitation practices and procedures and pest
- Strong people and project skills and the ability to manage multiple people,
programs and projects.
This job involves extended work schedules, and time commitments, tight time
deadlines and changing priorities.
The candidate must be able to conduct inspections of the facility, which
includes climbing ladders/stairs and working within small areas, and working
Candidate must be able to manage individuals at various levels and
development to ensure their success.
Candidate must be able to use influencing skills or provide direction as
appropriate to drive food safety and quality improvement initiatives.
This position has considerable interaction with Corporate Quality, third
party auditors, and regulatory officials.