Food Safety &
HACCP Group Leader – St. Louis, MO
Company Name: Solae Import
- St. Louis Missouri, 63101
Employees in positions allocated to this series are accountable for
ensuring effective, compliant food safety and HACCP programs are in place
in all operations, globally.
Employees in positions allocated to this level are responsible for the
strategic direction of food safety programs at Solae to include driving
continuous improvement in the microorganism management programs at all
facilities. They work under administrative direction. This position reports
to the Global Quality Director and involves 40% domestic travel and 10%
Typical duties of a(n) Food Safety and HACCP Group Leader include:
• Ensure effective, compliant food safety and HACCP systems across all
Solae operations with the major focus on pathogen and microorganism
management. Train and develop site employees on food safety and HACCP.
• Train and develop site employees on food safety and HACCP.
• Design validation studies for microbiological CCPs and other process
• Develop appropriate product sampling schemes.
• Establish appropriate product microbiological specifications.
• Ensure effective pathogen testing procedures and schemes
• Monitor & Maintain a state-of-the-art food safety & HACCP
programs and strategy.
• Investigate food safety incidents for root cause and ensure corrective
• Drive continuous improvement of our microorganism management programs and
• Ensure effective Solae environmental monitoring program
Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, Biology or Food Science
Masters Degree in Microbiology is preferred
Thirteen (13) years of experience in food safety management of operations
of which at least 5 years of experience as a manager level or higher).
A Masters Degree or higher with eleven (11) years of food safety management
of operations can be substituted for the experience listed above.
Additional Competencies and Experience Desired:
1) Knowledge of
• Pasteurization, sterilization technology and validation
• FDA, USDA and international regulatory food requirements
• Food packaging operations
• Environmental monitoring program design
• Pathogen management in low moisture foods
2) Ability to
• Plan Strategically
• Lead and influence people not under direct supervision
• Train, coach and develop others
• Assess and manage risks
• Formulate policies and procedures
• Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate work of others
• Lead projects, gather data and organize ideas.
3) Skill in
• Microbiological risk assessments
• Process troubleshooting
4) Certification in
• HACCP certification
Click Here To Apply