Sr Food Technologist –
Responsible for managing and supporting customer related projects and
providing product solutions in accordance with the NA and Savory BU goals
strategies. Works collaboratively with Category Leadership, Marketing,
and Sensory & Consumer Science, through the development of on-trend
concepts effectively demonstrating flavors, seasonings and technologies.
A. Support the efforts of the Savory Business Unit through the successful
and timely completion of customer related projects, in accordance with
project parameters and customer requirements. Effectively utilizes
critical support functions; Flavor Development, Analytical, MCI, and
Regulatory in providing and validating solutions.
B. Support Flavor Development through the evaluation of flavors and
solutions in applications systems to determine usage, performance and
C. In support of Savory BU objectives, develops concepts and prototypes
for demonstrating flavors, seasonings and technologies for key customer
presentations. Prepares samples and supporting literature for customer
working sessions and presentations.
D. Responsible for the development and implementation of new applications
and product concepts as new technologies and ingredients emerge.
E. Stay abreast of new food ingredient developments, trends and
innovation, as well as processing and equipment advances, relative to
F. Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment in their
area of jurisdiction. Attend required safety training and is trained in
the proper care and use of lab equipment
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• B.S. in Food Science or related subject, M.S. in Food Science
• Culinary experience and/or certification a plus.
• 10+ years technical experience, specifically in Savory Applications,
relative to Flavors and/or Ingredients.
• Continuance of related education is important.
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to solve flavor and food ingredient related issues associated
with applications and processing methods.
• Sound knowledge of food ingredients, equipment, and processing.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work in a project team-driven environment, and
maintain strong working relationships within cross functional teams.
• Proven Project Management skills. Ability to manage and prioritize
workload, and adhere to deadlines.
• Excellent client intimacy skills. Representing oneself and the company
in a professional and technical manner.
• Travel may be required.
• Must be willing and able to taste and smell flavors.
• Basic Computer skills to include Excel and PowerPoint.