If you are interested in this position
please visit our website at www.rich.com and select the Careers link
A QA Team Leader supervises a unit responsible for monitoring and ensuring
plant products are safe, meet customer specifications, company quality and
reliability standards. Recommends improvements in manufacturing methods and
sanitation practices to management.
• Supervises staff responsible for microbiological testing and other quality
control testing of plant products. Maintains weight and defect control
programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
• Mentors and motivates Associates, providing training and development to
optimize their performance and personal growth. Communicates performance
standards to Associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team
accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
• Monitors the quality of all products being manufactured at the
manufacturing facility and assists team leaders to correct defects. Emphasis
on process control for all products. Coordinates and maintains a HACCP
program for the plant.
• Assists in resolving hotline complaints about plant products, maintaining
necessary records regarding the resolution. May meet with vendors, customers
and quality representatives and other company staff to discuss and resolve
• Ensures that the company's product "hold" policies and procedures
are communicated to plant staff and that the plant adheres to the procedures.
Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of production or the release of
product when quality standards are not achieved.
• Responsible for localizing and maintaining formulas and product codes
• Supports R&D with test batches and data collection.
• Trains Conversion and Logistics Associates on essential laboratory tests to
perform, which ensures consistent product quality. Assists in the training
and observation of Associates in cooperation with other team leaders to
ensure performance tests meet established procedures and operating procedures
are being followed.
• Establishes monitoring procedures in the laboratory to keep track of all
products placed on hold due to performance, micro, packaging, reprocess, and
makes recommendations for disposition.
• Participates in or may lead quality audits of the plant. Participates in
regular meetings with plant management to discuss quality improvements.
Ensures that all GMP and safety standards are in compliance.
• Maintains and reports required operational information to management.
Ensures all quality-related information required for regulatory reviews and
reporting is maintained by the plant.
• Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies, systems, and quality
control practices. Maintains a thorough understanding of all products
manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials,
and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality
specifications and standards.
• Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich
Products Corporation's business objectives.
• BA/BS degree in Biology or Food Science or related field
• 3 years supervisory experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or
chemical manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control,
quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a
food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
• Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to
include product and Associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality
(success rates), and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing
• Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train Associates as well as
plan, monitor and schedule work
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to
disassemble and reassemble equipment
• Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software
Please apply at www.rich.com/careers
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite qualified
candidates to apply. We are also committed to the highest standards in our
employment policies and practices. As part of our efforts to provide a safe
and productive environment and hire talented and qualified associates, we
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
and background investigations.