HACCP Technician - Wholesale Seafood Company - Jessup,
Shift: 2:00am -- 11:00am
Salary: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Benefits: Health, dental, life, paid vacation/sick/holiday and 401K profit sharing.
Wholesale Seafood Company, located in Jessup, MD is seeking an individual to
audit and monitor plant processes to verify that the plant is in compliance
with all food safety and mandatory quality systems including but not limited to
a routine review of the company HACCP program, GMP Programs, Allergen
program, and Quality Systems. Work with management to ensure that procedures
exist to investigate the cause of significant non-conformity against
standards, specifications and procedures, which are critical to product
safety, legality and quality and conform to BRC -- Global Standards.
Major recurring tasks include:
• Assist Plant Manager to ensure that the facility and all contractors/
vendors are in compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations
pertaining to Food Safety and Quality.
• Initiate annual plant Mock Traceability/Recalls exercise
• Review, update, and maintain plant Quality and Food Safety Programs, HACCP
Program, Recall Program, GMP Policies and Allergen Program.
• Lead in corrective action process related to quality and food safety
programs, consumer concerns and facility audits.
• Assist with development of training materials and training of authorized
employees concerning areas that affect product safety, legality and quality.
• Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an
integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work
schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating
rules, policies and procedures
• HACCP Training Certification
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Able to interact effectively at all levels
• Ability to research, ascertain, develop, implement and monitor required
policies and procedures
• Working knowledge of current FDA CFR Title 21 regulations related to food
and food manufacturing.
• Working knowledge of food allergens
• One to two years experience in a food