Associate Food Scientist – Lisle, IL
John Morrell Food Group located in Lisle, IL is currently
looking for an Associate Food Scientist. This position will be responsible
- Develop new products and line
extensions from bench top to commercialization.
- Perform pilot plant tests to
generate product prototypes.
- Run production tests at
manufacturing plants as required.
- Work with on-line formulation
data base system to create or adjust product formulations.
- Maintain accurate project
files, formulations, specifications and project data.
- Document progress, organizes
product reviews, and provides oral and written progress updates.
- Work with cross functional
teams (Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Finance,
Engineering, Quality, Process Control, etc.) in projects requiring
product development support.
- Continuously improve and
update food/meat science and product development skills through
appropriate training and other learning activities/
- USDA/FDA regulations and
hands-on working in projects.
- Assist other R&D team
members as required.
- Ability to work with pilot
plant equipment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal,
communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of USDA and FDA
- Ability to learn quickly and
adapt to changing situations.
- Proficient in on-line work
systems and product development software tools.
- Willingness to travel 25-30%
of the time; may occasionally need to travel more, depending on
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- BS in Food Science, Meat
Science or related field
- MS in Food Science, Meat
Science or related field preferred
Lisle, IL, US.