HAACP Food Safety Specialist – St. Joseph, MO
Organization/coordination of the following as it relates to the development,
· Organization/Coordination of the following as it relates to the development, implementation and maintenance of the SSOP's: Provide verification and follow-up with all department supervision; Training programs; Assure documentation for all parts of plant SSOP's; Provide support and verification for all USDA actions and measures; Assure equipment, personal hygiene, receiving, storage and shipping in regards to product food safety concerns.
· Submit quarterly report to the HACCP steering committee to be signed by HACCP Coordinator, Quality Assurance Manager and Operations Director.
· Coordinate external audits as designated by Sara Lee Corporation and provide follow up action plans to assure compliance.
Develop and execute SQF Plans to achieve/maintain SQF Level 3 Certification
at the facility and to meet
· Oversee plant relationship with SQF Certification Body.
· Assure Facility meets all requirements related to SQF Trademark use.
· Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all SQF 2000 System requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals -Building and Equipment DeSign and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals -Pre-requisite Programs.
· Train and maintain all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all employees at the facility.
· Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
· Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
· Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
· Reassess HACCP and SQF plan(s) at least annually or whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, eqUipment, industry philosophy, technology. etc.
We make it our mission at Sara Lee to "Simply delight you...every day." Our brands make up one of the world's best-loved portfolios of innovative food, beverage, household, and body care products. Our leading, trusted brands include Ambi Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo. Collectively, these brands generate nearly $13 billion in annual net sales as they delight millions of consumers every day in approximately 200 countries around the world. The global Sara Lee team consists of 41,000 employees.
At Sara Lee, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. With the resources of a global corporation and direct responsibility to make it happen, you can be confident that you'll always be able to perform your best and be recognized for it. At Sara Lee, the difference is you.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
• Bachelor's degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or related field.
• 4+ years of food processing experience, with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment under USDA and/or FDA and HACCP.
• 1+ year facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
• Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety and plant regulatory affairs
• HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm
• SQF practitioner certification recommended, but not required.
• Possess a thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities
• Comprehensive experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
• Must have strong organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and PhYSical hazards with a thorough understanding of the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step of a production process
• Able to work with cross functional departments within the organization Good problem solving skills
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org