- includes retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance
Search by Group:
and University Extension
This position involves
conducting routine tests to evaluate grain, milling and processing
qualities of durum wheat. The individual will manage and conduct quality
tests associated with the regional durum wheat crop quality survey and
export sub lots; evaluate durum lines for grain, milling and pasta
qualities; assist in applied research projects; and help interpret and
summarize data for publication. The individual will be responsible for
maintenance of laboratory and processing equipment including various mills,
dough extruders and sheeters; provide
supervision to graduate and undergraduate student activities in the
laboratory; help ensure a safe, clean working environment; and perform
and supervise laboratory demonstrations for short courses, international
trade teams and visitors.
• B.S. in food science,
plant science or related discipline
• Knowledge of wheat production, grain and end use quality
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to brush out openings in a mill while it is operating; ability
see down the opening (base is 55 inches high) and reach into it with a
• Ability to continuously handle 10 pound samples
• Ability to occasionally handle 60 pound samples
Experience with equipment used in wheat quality evaluations.
• Experience with data
management and data analysis
• Experience maintaining equipment
Open Until Filled:
Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to
Please provide names,
addresses, and phone numbers of three curent
professional references. NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the
State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment
in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State
University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you a North Dakota resident?
* Do you qualify for North Dakota veteran's
* If yes, list exact dates of service:
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you qualify for North Dakota disabled