Laboratory Supervisor -
Food Safety Net Services, due to growth and expansion, is in the process of hiring an excellent Laboratory Supervisor to be a part of our Analytical Food Testing Laboratory.
The function of this position is to supervise laboratory operations performing testing of food products and environmental samples. This position is responsible for application and evaluation of approved techniques and methodologies used in analysis of food products. The Laboratory Supervisor will have frequent contact with the client base as well as review, reporting and interpretation of laboratory results in collaboration with the management team. The Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing of daily workload and staffing placement in the Laboratory area while working closely with the Laboratory Manager and Assistant Laboratory Manager.
· Supervise laboratory operations to maintain quality and efficiency as they apply to the Laboratory area
· Accurately perform and interpret test results, notifying the Laboratory Manager of deviations
· Supervise training of new and current laboratory personnel in laboratory procedures and protocols as authorized
· Provided feedback for and participate in laboratory personnel reviews
· Report concerns of equipment failures and non-compliance of supplies and reagents
· Supervise quality control procedures and documentation to support compliance with ISO 17025 guidelines
· Participate as an interface for the laboratory client base related to communication of results generated in the pathogen laboratory
· Assist in the communication of all log entries
· Assist in inventory maintenance
· Perform internal audits of processes as directed
· Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends.
· Supervise non-routine projects as assigned
· Independently pursue working knowledge of processes, procedures, or techniques in accordance with the Food Safety Net Services Methods Manual, Quality Manual, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Safety Manual, and approved laboratory procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Working knowledge of aseptic sampling technique, automated lab equipment, and acceptable methods and procedures
· Familiarity with GMP , OSHA guidelines, FDA, BAM, APHA, and Compendium methods and procedure
· Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of a food testing laboratory
· BS degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or related field required
· Graduate degree in Microbiology preferred
· Two years minimum experience in an analytical testing laboratory required
· Three or more years experience in a commercial food-testing laboratory preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and experience_
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org