Food Safety Specialist – Jessup, MD
This position will assist our Food Safety Manager with the day to day requirements of the Food Safety Department of a mid-size produce packaging operation in the Mid-Atlantic region. The candidate will work mostly in the production room verifying quality control, monitoring that food safety procedures and documentation are being followed, problem solving as relates to food safety issues, and assisting with compliance of HACCP, GMP, and SQF.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Sample collecting for microbial testing
- Record test results and maintain appropriate documentation
- Select produce samples for food safety, time study, and quality control testing
- Assist with enforcing food safety program and procedures, GMP policy, and personnel hygiene policies
- Responsible for produce quality inspections and proper storage
- Responsible for quality checks for outgoing produce as well as returned product. Verify and communicate to appropriate departments any findings as relate to food safety and/or quality issues.
- Report and assist with correcting any unsanitary conditions in food storage areas as well as employee work areas
- Assist with maintenance of food prep and packaging equipment, surfaces, tools
- Help develop, maintain, and update all records, manuals, training procedures, product spec books as pertain to food safety and quality control
- Assist with preparation for any and all food safety audits
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of warehouse
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in English reading and writing
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in quality control in a produce facility
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to perform basic computer tasks including MS Office
- Must be familiar with HACCP, GMP’s, and food regulations
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- May be requested to obtain certification for operating lift trucks, pallet jacks, and/or fork lifts.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds if required
- Must be flexible with work hours and able to work weekends or holidays if required
Salary dependent on experience.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org