2012 Internship Opportunity - Food Science-1100003832 – Grand Rapids, MI
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customer-centered, competitive spirit, freshness, and "familyness." Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Meijer is seeking candidates for 2012 internship opportunities! Join our program to get experience in your field while also learning more about the retail industry and the breadth of career opportunities that support the shopper experience. Your internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership. We can offer you a terrific summer!
Meijer has a terrific internship experience waiting for current graduate students interested in furthering their experience in the area of food science.
Didn't think Meijer had positions in Food Science? At Meijer, development of customer-preferred products sold under our own labels is one way we deliver higher standards at lower prices. Our product development team is busy at work studying market trends and consumer preferences, then designing and testing new products that are not just a Meijer brand, but a better brand. Our Quality Assurance team provides the testing and processes to ensure that every product meets the standards that customers expect from Meijer...every time.
Representative activities may include:
· Supporting Foods Merchandising in the selection of product and evaluation of the capability and condition of vendor facilities
· Evaluating Meijer brand food items in a systematic manner to determine the equivalency to National Brands, with a focus on sensory testing
· Working with suppliers to evaluate product quality and safety concerns
· Maintaining information on current food health issues (microbiologic, allergic, etc.)
The Meijer Internship Program is an experiential education program designed for students currently enrolled in a degree program, who are considering future careers in this exciting field. If you have already graduated or are not enrolled in a degree program, please search our site for other positions of interest in the Product Development or Quality Assurance areas. Specific qualifications for this internship include:
· Progress toward a Bachelors degree in Food Science or a related discipline; Master's students will be considered if they will be enrolled in classes following the internship
· Knowledge of specification development, products standards, and Food Safety Regulations
· Knowledge of sensory testing
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Access
· Permanent work authorization in the United States (U.S. citizen or permanent resident)
· Drive for results - has focus on the bottom line
· Customer focus - dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
· Relationship Skills - can create positive working relationships with customers, team members, leadership, and other internal and external constituencies
· Communication Skills - conveys the right information in writing and verbally
· Comfort with Ambiguity -- can shift gears easily and cope with change
· Time Management - uses time effectively and efficiently and concentrates efforts on the most important priorities
Food Science/Quality Assurance
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org