Product Specialist II (New Product Development)-13002721 – St. Louis, MO
· Manage development, scale up and implementation of new and existing technologies to improve the performance of existing products and develop new products.
· Manage product formulas using the NPPC formulation system with the appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory, and analytical requirements. Also includes issuing to manufacturing plant, and maintaining as needed.
· Coordinates qualification of new raw materials and/or suppliers and act as ingredient lead for all assigned ingredients/raw materials which includes understanding raw material and manufacturing process and impact on NPPC finished products
· Act as technical resource for Marketing to develop a robust pipeline of product development opportunities, which includes developing technical project plans and timelines for all assigned projects
· Provides technical expertise within “discipline” to PTC, Legal, Regulatory, Consumer Marketing, Purchasing, Q.A., CDG, HR, Plants, US Management, and other groups as it relates to business unit objectives.
· Collaboratively and proactively keeps management and key team project members apprised of issues, risks, timing, and contingencies relevant to technical and business success.
· Proactively monitors and provides product maintenance for assigned product responsibilities requiring standardized scientific procedures.
· Uses standard guidelines and capability studies to develop products in conjunction with factory systems, Quality Assurance and Marketing to link product performance and specifications.
· Works closely with the factory and quality to establish new product, ingredient and process specifications
· Understands and effectively uses NPPC systems and tools required for scheduling activity and tests, collecting and analyzing data, and completing and disseminating accurate reports.
· Explores innovative application of pet food product/process possibilities based on current state of art in the area of food technology.
· Initiates and implements cost reduction ideas for assigned product lines and factories.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Willing to travel approximately 40% of time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BS degree in a scientific field.
* BS degree in a scientific field with 4+ years of experience or
* MS degree and 3+ years of experience or
* PhD degree and 2 years of experience in a product development, scale up or operational role.
* Experience in Meat or Poultry Science preferred.
Advanced Degree in Science, Meat/Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline preferred
US-MO-St. Louis-Saint Louis
Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com