Principal Scientist (Assay Development) – Invisible Sentinel Philadelphia, PA
Suite 800, 8th Floor
3711 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Position: Principal Scientist (Assay Development)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive with comprehensive benefit package
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Invisible Sentinel is a mid-stage biotech company focused on developing and commercializing novel
diagnostic platforms for the specific and rapid detection of pathogenic bacteria. Founded in 2006, it is dedicated to the design of rapid diagnostic platforms that are sensitive, specific, cost-effective and
practical. Invisible Sentinel prides itself on promoting the professional growth of its employees as the
Company realizes its goal of becoming a global diagnostic biotechnology leader.
Invisible Sentinel is seeking a talented and highly motivated biomedical scientist with a strong educational and technical background in the fields of bacteriology, immunology, and/or diagnostics. The successful candidate will be familiar with the application of monoclonal antibodies for use in immunoassay development. This position provides the opportunity to be a member of the core design team and as such will need to demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm, dedication, and innovation. The primary responsibility for this position would be the development and optimization of assays for the detection of various bacterial pathogens.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Supervise product development and commercialization of novel antibody-based rapid detection platforms.
• Develop and optimize antibody based detection assays for the identification of specific bacterial
• Select and assess the viability of materials required to construct the assay.
• Represent engineering and materials expertise in project team meetings.
• Manage lab resources and assess performance of team members.
• Provide flexible support to colleagues working on correlating company projects.
• Identify and solve technical challenges, workflow issues and implement improvements.
• Participate in defining product requirements and specification.
• Participate in designing AOAC studies for validation of the product.
• Manage records and maintain data in accordance with ISO9001:2008 & GMP/GLP standards.
• Ph.D. in biomedical sciences or engineering with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in R&D
and/or manufacturing of antibody based rapid detection assays.
• Strong background in biological sciences and bioengineering, particularly immunoassay development.
• Experience optimizing diagnostic platforms (i.e. material selection, engineering protocols, etc.).
• Team-oriented and pro-active attitude; ability to communicate and interact effectively with management as well
as lab personnel.
• Experience with expression, purification, and characterization of monoclonal antibodies.
• Working knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9001:2008, GMP, GLP).
Interested applicants may email a curriculum vitae to
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com