Source of Article: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/9/17/nation/2050613&sec=nation
SEREMBAN: Tragedy struck at a couple’s wedding festivities when hundreds of guests suffered food poisoning at the wedding eve dinner, and bride’s father later died of a heart attack.
The 53-year-old man, known only as Low, died yesterday at the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital, where he had been warded earlier with food poisoning.
The bride, known only as Lau
from Sri Impian near here, said she and her husband,
“We had over 200 guests. Almost all suffered from food poisoning,” she said.
Lau said both she and her mother, and Chow and his father were not affected as they did not consume the food. The dishes included fried pork, yong tau foo, rice, vegetables and curry puffs.
“My mother and I were busy serving the guests and had no time to eat. It was the same with my husband and his father.”
Lau said her father began purging and vomiting after the dinner and his condition deteriorated the next day.
“My father was admitted to hospital on Monday as his condition did not improve. He died on Tuesday morning and we were told it was due to a heart attack.”
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org