Earthbound Farm - San Juan Bautista, CA
This position is responsible for
applying Food Science expertise and knowledge to monitor and improve quality
of existing and new products with main focus on shelf life monitoring and
· Evaluate physical properties of shelf life retains, samples from different seed varieties
· Maintain shelf life database and prepare reports.
· Interpret shelf life data, report any unusual findings and make appropriate scientific recommendations on findings through written and oral reports.
· Research on Post Harvest indicators to extend shelf life.
· Prepare and organize product evaluation meetings; while gathering and then reporting on product data.
· Provides basic knowledge and problem solving skills to adequately troubleshoot product quality issues.
· Conduct consumer acceptability and preference tests by utilizing different sensory test tools.
· Conduct packaging material testing and maintain the packaging material database.
· Maintain and analyze data in databases using SPC techniques.
· Inspect food processing areas to ensure compliance with government regulations and standards for sanitation, safety, quality, and waste management standards.
· Familiar with physical, chemical and microbiological tests. Knowledge of Instron, HPLC, GC and other similar equipments preferred.
· Knowledge of post harvest physiology preferred.
· Willing and able to work a flexible work week which may include overtime weekend and holiday hours.
· English language skills including the ability to read, follow instructions, and write legibly required. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite Programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and database software required.
· Strong sense of urgency.
· Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org