Quality Assurance Food Vendor Mgmt Specialist-1200004353 – Grand Rapids, MI
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 13th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health. Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Quality Assurance Food Vendor Mgmt Specialist. Support Meijer's Own Brand food program by ensuring vendors meet or exceed Meijer's manufacturing quality, compliance and safety standards
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead and execute Meijer's food vendor quality and compliance qualification and scorecard program.
o Refine and further develop food vendor quality and compliance qualification program.
o Develop food vendor scorecard program.
o Participate in the development and maintenance of a vendor risk matrix.
o Integrate food vendor programs with Meijer's business processes.
· Monitor manufacturer's adherence to regulatory requirements and Meijer's manufacturing quality standards.
· Manage supplier quality and regulatory information including audits and product specifications; ensure data is accessible and meets Meijer's requirements.
· Participate in PLM vendor selection process, rollout, and execution.
· Assist in database needs evaluation.
· Participate in vendor selection process and, where necessary, conduct or oversee factory audits.
· Participate in food evaluations, where relevant
· This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Related experience in food quality manufacturing, preferably with a company manufacturing finished food products.
· Broad understanding of food manufacturing technologies and processes.
· Ability to evaluate food manufacturing quality and regulatory data.
· Familiarity with GFSI requirements.
· Able to manage complex scientific information.
· Highly organized; able to manage several competing requests and prioritize accordingly.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Positive, high energy individual, who thrives on building new processes and influencing others.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure.
· Ability to work across all divisions and levels of the organization.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, SharePoint a plus.
Food Science/Quality Assurance
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com