Product & Process Excellence Food Scientist Co-Op (11464) – Hershey, PA
Requisition Number 11464 - Posted 09/18/2012
United States - Pennsylvania - Hershey - Global Operations - Coop
Product and Process Excellence Food Scientist Co-Op
This unique Co-Op is ideally suited for a student who is interested and capable of working a 12 to 15 month rotation starting in May/June 2013 through August 2014; however, students who can work just one 6 month Co-Op in 2013 OR one 6 month Co-Op in 2014 will be considered, with preference going for the 12-15 month rotation. The work schedule would be full-time (40 hours per week, 8:00am to 4:30am). The position is located in the corporate Product and Process Excellence Group in The Hershey Company’s Technical Center in Hershey, PA, but the position may require up to 50% travel to our North American manufacturing facilities.
The mission of the Product and Process Excellence Group is to provide technical and scientific resource to The Hershey Company's global operations for Continuous Improvement. The student will have the opportunity to gain real world experience in the Confectionery industry while working directly under the supervision of an experienced Food Scientist. The position provides an opportunity for the student to work directly with all areas of manufacturing and the corporate Technical Center, including plant management/supervision, plant hourly work force, quality assurance, product development, analytical research, engineering and others.
- Product formulation optimization work from initial design, to benchtop and plant validation testing.
- Ingredient evaluations based on established procedures under guidance of technical professional.
- Optimization and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes.
- Supporting technical professional in preparing chocolate and confectionery samples.
- Data collection and documentation from bench top or plant studies.
- Preferred Majors: Food Science, Food Technology/Engineering
- Grade Point Average of 3.00 or higher
- A basic understanding in science (biology, chemistry or food technology/engineering) to apply skills to support bench top / lab and manufacturing testing under supervision of professional.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Computer literacy, MS Office Tools ... i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while working both independently and in multidisciplinary groups/teams with a high level of self motivation.
- Desire to work hands on with products and equipment in both the lab and/ or manufacturing.
- Willingness to work possible off shifts and weekends on occasion.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to plant locations within North America.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org