Child dies after E. coli infection

posted by: Kyle Dyer

 

Source of Article:  http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=100245&catid=188

 

DENVER - A 3-year-old died Friday of an E. coli infection and the Tri-County Health Department is offering little more information.

It is still unclear where the child lived or if he was a boy or a girl.

Investigators will say the child attended a private daycare at a home.

The parents of the other children in the daycare are being notified. Those families are being tested as well.

E. coli is short for Escherichia coli. It is a bacteria that causes severe cramps and diarrhea. The symptoms are more severe in young children and the elderly.

The most common way to get this infection is by eating contaminated food.

E. coli can also be passed person to person. If you have the infection and do not wash your hands properly, you can give the germ to other people when you touch things, especially food.

The Tri-County Health Department recommends people always cook their meat well and wash their hands.

9NEWS.com will continue to update this story as additional information is released.

 

 

___________

Main Page

setstatsCopyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com

If you have any comments, please  send your email to info@foodhaccp.com