Manager of Food Safety - Retail-1100002501 – Grand Rapids, MI
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 18th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
As you can tell, Meijer isn't just any company. We are extremely goal-oriented and customer-focused. We've achieved success after success to become a respected leader in a highly competitive retail market. We rely on our people to supply the talent and vision to achieve our goals.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Manager of Food Safety - Retail. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring uncompromising food safety performance to all food safety standards through the development of strong HACCP based food safety & food defense monitoring programs within our stores and distribution facilities. They will also develop and maintain strong working partnerships with state and local health agencies, as well as vendor partners to ensure strong compliance to our food safety programs and standards.
Key responsibilities include:
· Interfacing with and directing 3rd party food safety & food defense audit programs
· Ensuring compliance with food safety and food defense standards through the design of HACCP based audit programs
· Overseeing and acting as a primary liaison with regulatory agencies
· Identifying trending and improvement opportunities
· Coordinating, training and directing the actions of the food safety specialists to meet Company goals
· Providing expert compliance knowledge and guidance with regard to food safety and food defense for our stores and distribution facilities
· Providing expert knowledge and guidance for federal, state and local regulations with regard to food safety, organic, nutritional and country-of-origin labeling requirements and control methods
· Providing summary analysis reports, news briefs and presentation material to food safety specialists for use within their areas
· Providing ongoing technical training, standardization and development for the food safety specialists
· Acting as the "lead investigator" for customer complaints due to product, facilities and/or illness complaints
· Performing science-based HACCP Food Safety audits as needed to meet Company goals
· Assisting in the development, implementation and execution of food safety training programs and examinations
· Designing bacterial control testing and environmental swabbing of equipment using aseptic procedures
· Must be able to work with all levels of operational/distribution leadership in a collaborative and influential manner toward continuous improvement of food safety standards and operational excellence without direct-line authority
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
· B.S. in Environmental Health/Biological Science or related field
· 5-7 years experience in food retailing or related area working in the area of food safety compliance
· Supervisory experience of programs and staff
· Strong knowledge of FDA/USDA and industry specific regulatory requirements
· Excellent working knowledge of local, state and federal food safety regulations (FDA, GMP's, USDA, GAP's, SQF, etc)
· Experience in the design and development of Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) protocols
· Work independently in planning and implementation of multiple projects and assignments
· Providing direction and leadership to effectively manage the performance and development of the food safety regulatory program and staff
· Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com