Food Technician – Solon, OH
Job Number: nest-00029437
Assists/conducts project test work under the direction of a Food
Technologist, Corporate Chef or PD Manager in the development and scale up
of new and existing Nestle Professional products.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Support the needs of the Technologists and Customers by completing
recipes and projects by the requested due date and in a quality manner. The
Custom Technicians work as a team to make sure that the daily priorities of
recipes, panels, product testing, shipping, etc. are accomplished.
* Plan and execute project work in an organized and professional manner.
Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation to support development and
traceability of assigned products.
* Take on project support with an attitude of engagement and ownership.
* Conduct analytical testing in support of projects to include pH,
colorimeter, % NaCl, washouts, and Brookfield and
Bostwick viscosity testing.
* Strong computer skills are required for the position in order to support
product traceability in FMS and data presentation in Word and Excel format.
* Continually demonstrate proficient communication skills and ability to
work in a team environment. The employee must be flexible to changing
priorities and short timelines.
* Travel to satellite facilities and co-packers as needed in order to
support mini-runs and production start-ups. Support mini-runs and
production start-ups at the Harper facility as needed.
* Maintain the Test Kitchen area and equipment in a clean and organized manner.
* Order ingredients, stock supplies, inventory finished product samples,
and assemble customer shipments.
* Actively participate in departmental activities such as panels, meetings
* The position requires some degree of working in extreme temperatures and
typical commercial/industrial environments.
* Physically demanding work. Will work in a manufacturing environment as
needed to accomplish goals.
* Work schedule may vary depending on business needs.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION
High school graduate with 1-2 years college course work preferred, with an
emphasis in mathematics or science. Previous experience in the Food Service
or Food Manufacturing industry a plus.
Must be comfortable working in food manufacturing and culinary
* Cooking skills and computer proficiency in electronic communication.
* Strong computer skills.
* Proficient in time management.
* Good math and problem solving skills.
* Able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Demonstrates proficient communication skills and able to work in a
dynamic team environment under short timelines.