Technologist I – Pittsburgh, PA
Del Monte Foods
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for supporting domestic co-manufacturing and vendor compliance. The scope of the position involves assurance that all new and existing co-manufacturers and vendors are in compliance with all Regulatory and Del Monte Food Safety and Quality standards.
This position interacts with co-manufacturing operations, marketing, R&D, procurement and production planning groups on a frequent basis. This position acts as a liaison between co-manufacturers and Del Monte on key projects that enhance revenue and continuously improve food safety and quality.
1. Follow Approval Process for qualification of new ingredient vendors.
2. Manage quality and food safety expectations for existing ingredient supply chain
3. Conduct audits at vendor locations prior to purchasing and as required by Del Monte Vendor Management defined frequency.
4. Maintain ingredient vendor documentation.
5. Monitor product compliance to Del Monte Ingredient Specifications.
6. Maintain Approved Vendor List for Ingredient usage in Del Monte products.
7. Assure all facilities are issued a Co-Pack Quality Assurance Manual and they are routinely updated
8. Support, communicate and ensure implementation of all Corporate Quality System initiatives.
9. Ensure Implementation of Quality and Food Safety Programs at Co-Manufacturing locations to obtain GFSI certification.
10. Maintain Quality Plan at each facility and monitor adherence through quarterly reviews
11. Assist with Commissioning support for New plant, product or packaging production start-ups
12. Develop specifications (process control point charts, finished and ingredient)
13. Monitor product compliance to Del Monte specifications and conduct annual management reviews.
14. Support complaint reduction and facilitate continuous improvement.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Engineering or related field;
Years of Experience: Minimum 1-3 years quality experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
• Solid working knowledge of quality assurance, food manufacturing, packaging, processing and distribution;
• Strong ability to work in cross-functional & team-oriented environment with multiple disciplines;
• Proven capabilities in the area of project management;
• Self starter; take charge, positive & proactive attitude;
• Easily understands & follow directions;
• Ability to lead several projects altogether and simultaneously;
• Detail & process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities;
• Ability to communicate clearly within the organization and externally;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
No sponsorship is available for this position. No agency solicitations. No third party recruiters.
Shift - Days
State / Province:
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit a Del Monte Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com