Director of Quality Assurance – The Fresh Market – Greensboro, NC
The Fresh Market is seeking a results focused, innovative quality assurance leader to join our Merchandising team. This individual will be a well-rounded professional with particular expertise in issues related to food safety. This individual will also be able to contribute to evaluating risk, quality, consistency, regulatory requirements, and store-level issues.
This is position is a new senior level role and is expected to help craft and promote the vision of a strong Quality Assurance focus and function within the organization. This position will build the team that will support the vision. Initial focus will be on Merchandising and Private Label quality assurance but over time the right candidate will also be involved in all aspects of QA within the organization.
· Continuously define and refine TFM quality and food safety standards
· Oversee vendor quality assurance and food safety
· Ensure vendors are meeting TFM standards for documenting food safety and liability insurance
· Lead TFM internal product recall process
· Particular initial focus on TFM branded quality and safety
· Work with merchandising and operational management to resolve issues
· Interact with Customer Loyalty team on responding to customer complaints and feedback
· Communicate with customers, regulators and other stakeholders of The Fresh Market as necessary
· Serve as a liaison with the FDA, USDA and State Departments of Health where appropriate
· Direct appropriate lab testing
· Function as internal subject matter expert for all food safety issues and QA trends, including store level food safety, supply chain food safety, the regulatory environment and legislation (both existing and proposed).
· Ensure TFM makes any necessary internal adjustments to processes and training to ensure proactive compliance and strong quality and food safety
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree in food science or related field
· 10 years experience in Quality Assurance
· In depth knowledge of HACCP, food safety specifications
· Previous work experience in a food retail, manufacturing or auditing environment
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org