Food Safety and Quality
Specialist - J&J
roles of this position are to gather information related to GAP Audits,
Customer request for GAP audits, track Quality Audits scores and provide proposals
for actions based on the data gathered.
maintain, and revise updates of all Quality and Food Safety SOPs.
special projects on analytical information related to Quality and Food Safety
- Assist management and teams in
selecting quality measures and setting up quality reporting systems.
- Provide input and
recommendations for the selection of quality and food safety improvement
- Coordinate and/or facilitate
improvement project teams among growers.
- Assist purchasing in related to
Quality Assurance and Food Safety services.
- Maintain grower/ shipper quality
- Monitor and report on quality
metrics and progress toward quality goals.
- Recommend test and inspection
equipment as required to achieve quality goals.
- Work with new product
development teams to establish product quality standards.
- Assist in the analyzing and
evaluation of resulting data for improvement opportunities.
- May serve as a representative
of the QA/Food Safety team in coordinating support and maintenance of
our quality system.
- Assist in the development of
quality related policy objectives.
travel for all members of the Food Safety Team and special events.
of all Certifications for organics labeling.
- Good computer skills (Word , Access,
- Must be able to set and attain goals,
initiate action to resolve problems and improve products and processes.
- Must be able to provide concise
executive summaries of quality issues, summaries changes needed or made
to QA processes.
- Good organizational and project
- Good oral and written
communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with a
variety of people at various technical and management levels.
- Speak and write Spanish.
- Must be able to maintain
confidentially of information and work in crises situation.
- In depth knowledge of quality
principles and technical tools
- Associate (or higher) degree in
a technical discipline preferred.
- Formal training in quality
planning, tools and analysis
- Working knowledge of various agriculture
- Working knowledge of FDA- compliant,
process control and quality system management related to agriculture.