Associate Product Development Scientist-1302256 – Glenview, IL
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2012 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2012, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
This position offers the candidate an opportunity to gain technical depth in the desserts category across a variety of initiatives within the development of Dessert new products. The candidate will have direct interface w/ technical experts, peers, Operations and Quality partners.
Responsibilities for the position include leading R&D product development programs for Desserts new product development. The candidate will lead the design for his/her own category projects and support commercialization efforts for these and other programs.
Key Benefits to the Candidate:
· Gain experience in product development for Desserts product categories
· Gain experience in product development for thermal process and low acid dairy aseptic systems and other mediums.
· Grow commercialization proficiency in Desserts product development.
· Become knowledgeable of and involved in RTE, DPD & Cool Whip R&D projects
· The candidate will plan and conduct projects, participate in development of objectives, and executes against the same recommending action plans to implement key findings.
· The candidate will properly document and communicate to peers, project summaries and key findings for the documentation and application to future projects.
Internal and external contacts:
· The candidate will interact with peers and technical experts on a daily basis on establishing and reviewing project action plans and implementation of key findings.
· The candidate will interact with direct management on a weekly and as needed basis for reviewing recommended action plans, as well as receiving coaching on projects and career plans.
· The candidate will interact with operations, quality, nutrition and regulatory, on a weekly to as needed basis
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Food Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering
Functional / Technical Expertise:
· Product Development and/or process development in a CPG company (with Kraft or other Food & Beverage Company)
· Aseptic Dairy product/process development experience
· Development experience with products which require both formulation and process to create
Competencies / Abilities:
· Ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently
· Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Understanding of ingredient interactions/functionality
· Executional excellence and personal leadership a must
· Self-Motivated by problem solving and inherent curiosity to understand how things work.
· Executional excellence, personal leadership and customer focus a must
· Ability to learn new processes quickly
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org