The primary objective of the Supply Chain Department is to support our
restaurants by sourcing the highest quality foods and ensuring a
sustainable, safe, and cost-effective supply from farm to restaurant. The
Food Assistant will be part of a team responsible for Food with Integrity
(FWI) by constantly working to source better food. The department is
empowered to proactively seek new FWI ideas and to grow the sustainable
practices of Chipotle suppliers with increased transparency throughout the
Working closely with colleagues the Food Assistant will participate in
conducting food research and development, food and quality assurance
evaluations, data collection and entry, project reports, and summaries.
Ensures Extraordinary Food
• Assist the Quality Assurance team with food evaluations to assess food
quality at all points in the supply chain and restaurant.
• Assist the Nutrition and Food Improvement Manager with food improvement
projects, food tests and evaluations and related reports.
• Collects data received from research and development and/or restaurants
during a food evaluation. Summarizes the findings and provides a report
detailing the results.
Makes the Test Kitchen Sparkle
• Organizes, and cleans, the test kitchen.
• Labels, stores, ships, and receives food samples.
• Assists in the preparation and clean up after food evaluations.
Maintains and Organizes Supply Chain Data
• Enters food evaluation data, results, and other critical information
related to food safety, quality assurance, and animal welfare into our
Supply Chain databases.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be interested in a long-term career in food science, culinary research,
and/or quality assurance
• Be a responsible, directed, dependable, self-starter, with a can do
attitude, boundless energy and a thirst for constant improvement
• Possess strong communication and writing skills
• Have strong analytical skills along with the ability to help design and
execute research and quality assurance projects
• Have the ability to use a PC and software necessary for data entry and
• Be able to clearly analyze research results. thrive in an environment
which is fast moving; with some travel to local restaurant locations
• Have taken Food Science, Quality Assurance, and/or Culinary Research