Manager, Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs – Yum Brands, Inc.
Yum! Brands, Inc. is the world's largest restaurant company with more than 33,000 restaurants in over 100 countries and territories and more than 840,000 employees worldwide. Four of our restaurant brands -- KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- are the global leaders of the chicken, quick-service seafood, pizza and Mexican-style food categories respectively. A&W Restaurants is the longest running quick-service franchise chain in America.
What makes Yum! a great place to work? It's our people. That's why we invest in people capability so they can make the most of their career. With a diverse workforce and ongoing opportunities for personal and professional success, we've built a culture that rewards and recognizes great effort while providing the work/life balance that is so important to all of us.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs incumbent is a valuable expert unparalleled at securing positive regulatory relationships, successfully managing crises and code compliance to prevent/limit huge impact to our bottom line therefore safeguarding our growth every day.
1. REGULATORY AFFAIRS:
· GLOBAL FOOD SAFETY TASK FORCE PLATFORMS: Is directly accountable to oversee design of key regulatory programs specific to: 1.) Health Department Inspection Program and 2.) Local Interfacing Program working with key cross functions (brand and Yum level) working in conjunction with Yum! Public Affairs political efforts (including Menu Labeling, Trans fats, Obesity legislation etc.).
· REGULATORY CODE INFLUENCE: Establishes a current and robust network of key regulatory officials at Federal and State levels. Proactively meets and educates key state regulatory leaders and teams on Yum Food Safety Systems building their awareness and trust development in our internal “farm to fork” systems. Ensures Federal and State level Code update are incorporated into Yum! Brands standards ensuring compliance at local level. Is seen as an industry leader influencing vital industry business impact topics on Food Safety Advisory Committees and Food Code Review Committees.. Is seen as a key industry leader also on strategic national forums including Conference for Food Protection via select Council and committee involvement of key business impact.
· REGULATION TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Provides technical expertise to assure Yum! Brands Restaurant Operations procedure compliance with interpretations of health regulations.
· LEGISLATION ACTIVITY: Working with Yum Government Affairs, reviews proposed legislation, influences with Regulatory/State Restaurant Association levels as necessary, once finalized communicates pertinent health risks/legislation to Yum brands as necessary.
2. CRISIS MANAGEMENT: As a cost benefit to Yum! Brands, plays a key role to avert negative business impact by providing leadership in investigating and managing communicable disease and foodborne illness issues on a regional basis. Provides expertise in managing crisis activities including: interaction between all restaurant operations, regulators (Federal, State and Local levels) and the medical profession.
3. RESTAURANT/RSC SUPPORT: Is vital in providing troubleshooting and regulatory interpretation/food safety issue support for Yum! Brands Quality Assurance, Operations and other functions in support of Food Safety, restaurant design, product development, equipment and restaurant operations systems/programs.
4. EMERGING ISSUES: Manages select Emerging Issues topic issues specific to the Yum Global Emerging Issues system protocol to proactively manage issues of potential impact to Yum Brands, Inc. (US and/or YRI levels).
**Ideally, the person would be based in Dallas, TX, however, the right candidate could also reside in Louisville, KY or Irvine, CA.
There is potential for relocation for the right candidate.
BS degree (food, environmental health or core science related) – required
MS/MA - Preferred
- Crisis Management, Regulatory Affairs/Food Law, Environmental Health and Operations/Distribution
- Prior Regulatory and Industry combination experience preferred:
1. Regulatory Level – State and Local environmental health (RS), code development/influence and possible epidemiology investigation experience specific to food borne illness/communicable investigation management.
2. Industry - Restaurant field food safety systems, crisis event
management (communicable disease, foodborne illness, public
mass inoculation, media events)
3. Past accountabilities include cross functional team and
key food safety platform leadership.
- Minimum 10 years in directly above related disciplines
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com