Career Opportunities: Senior
Food Scientist (Parsippany, NJ) (2803)
Req Id 2803 - Posted 09/29/2011
Job Description Print Preview
REQ ID: 2803
LOCATION: Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
Millions of times a day
in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods
brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality
branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades.
Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs more than 4,500
people in North America. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen
foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of
12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery
Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings,
Vlasic® pickles, peppers, and relish, Mrs. Butterworth’s® and Log Cabin®
syrups, Armour® canned meats, Nalley®
and Brooks® chili and chili ingredients, and Open Pit® barbecue
sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds
Eye®, Birds Eye Steam fresh®, C&W®, McKenzie’s®, and Fresh like®
vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® meals, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts,
Swanson® and Hungry-Man® dinners and entrees, Van de Kamp’s® and Mrs.
Paul’s® seafood, Lender’s® bagels and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods
Division manages Tim’s Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian™ Kettle Style Potato
Chips, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman’s® in
addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Independently plans and
conducts multiple assigned project assignments relating to food product
development in the Department of Research and Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
1. Food product
development from concept stage through commercialization for a wide range
of product systems. Responsibilities include sensory and shelf life
2. Apply knowledge of plant equipment, plant processes and facilities.
3. Independently design and execute experiments using recognized
4. Interpret test results and independently identify and execute next
5. Apply knowledge of project management process and independently lead
6. Determine technical risks and recommend contingency plans.
7. Anticipate changing project needs and priorities.
8. R&D representative for assigned projects; responsible for
interfacing with cross functional team members to accomplish project
objectives on time including Quality, Packaging Development, Marketing,
Market Research , Operations and Finance.
9. Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, including Innovation,
Productivity and Quality initiatives.
10. Generate and maintain accurate and complete records including official
lab notebook and utilization of on-line specification system.
11. Conduct and structure project presentations to department and brand
12. Responsible for technician assignments as it relates to project work.
13. Stay abreast of technical trends and their potential applications
related to company needs
14. Utilize internal and external information to problem solve.
15. Perform other R&D duties as assigned.
• Proficiency in food
product formulation and commercialization of new products and processes.
• Bakery technical experience, baking formulation knowledge, pancake syrup
and /or canned meat processing technology highly desirable. Certified Baker
• Ability to perform responsibilities as outlined above.
• BS/MS Food Science or
• Minimum 4 years food
product development experience from bench top to production start up is required.
• Project Experience:
Demonstrated success on multiple development projects in the food industry
Demonstrated success leading projects independently
Proficient in Microsoft
Knowledge of experimental design techniques
Good written and verbal communication skills
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All openings will
be filled based on the qualifications without regard to race, creed, color,
sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status, disability, or status
as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam Era. All applicants
are invited to complete the Affirmative Action Supplement.