Georgetown University Food Poisoning

Posted By: April Bennefield     1 hr ago

 

Source of Article:  http://www.wusa9.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=76745&catid=158

WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA) -- Georgetown University shut down O'Donovan Hall today for breakfast and lunch after more than 20 students were hospitalized for food poisoning.

The students were admitted to the Georgetown University Hospital late Tuesday evening. Several students went to the emergency room suffering from nausea and vomiting symptoms, and said they had been there as early as midnight.

According to thehoya.com, out of the eight students in the emergency waiting room, six reported that they had either eaten dinner at Leo's or had Grab'n' Go for dinner, and two reported that they had not eaten at the dining hall since early in the day or Monday evening.

The university sent a broadcast e-mail at 6 a.m. Wednesday morning alerting them that the dining hall would be closed.

University and hospital officials are expected to released more information later this afternoon.

 

 

________________________________________________________

Main Page

setstatsCopyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com

If you have any comments, please  send your email to info@foodhaccp.com