Sri Lanka: Food poisoning hits shoe
Source of Article:http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections/frmNewsDetailView.aspx?ARTID=28249
40 employees of a shoe manufacturing plant in Kadawatta
were admitted to hospital yesterday with symptoms of food poisoning, Ragama police said.
Ragama hospital officials said most of the victims were suffering
from nausea and vomiting.
reportedly eaten contaminated food on Thursday afternoon and fell sick the
next day.“At least 49
female employees were admitted to the Ragama
hospital and another hospital after eating contaminated food the previous
afternoon,” the police said.
contractor who had supplied the lunch reportedly supplies food to some 250
employees of the factory daily and on that particular day those who fell
sick had purchased lunch packets with chicken.