Supplier Quality Assurance Scientist-BRE01433
Position Title: Supplier Quality Assurance Scientist
Reports To: Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Franklin, TN
Level of Role
Number of Reports
Purpose of Role
The supplier quality assurance role undertakes the SQA process with suppliers to proactively ensure that their Quality systems are in place to meet Mars Q&FS standards and enable the delivery of all materials to Mars manufacturing facilities to specification
The role has 3 main purposes: the assessment and improvement of a supplier’s capability to meet specification, to ensure the resolution of non-conforming material issues and the technical development of the supply base to meet future requirements.
· Contribute Q&FS insights to the supply strategy;
· Assessment and confirmation of a suppliers capability to meet Mars standards of supply, through;
o Performing the SQA audit;
o Review of analytical data compliance;
o Performing and review of process capability trial data:
o Verifying that supplier hazard controls are operating effectively;
· Support the supplier to address gaps in Q&FS capability identified in audits;
· Partner with the buyer in ensuring the material specifications are reviewed, understood and agreed by the supplier;
· Working with the supplier to investigate & resolve material non-conformances to prevent reoccurrence;
· Undertake Supplier Development activities to build technical & operational capability to meet the future requirements of the supply strategy;
· To be aware of and assess changes to a suppliers capability to meet the Mars Specification;
· Develop and utilise MQM metrics to understand and improve the Q&FS of the supply base;
· Ensuring that all suppliers are assigned a current status with defined supply and verification requirements;
· Communicate business opportunities identified during supplier contact;
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities
· Creates collaborative relationships
· Delivers consistent results
· Navigates Complex Challenges
Key Supporting Competencies
· Quality and Food Safety Management
· Process Improvement
· Priority Setting
· Action Oriented
Critical Functional Competencies
· Capturing and leveraging knowledge
· Risk and Opportunity Identification
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· An advanced understanding of quality systems and food safety management programs is critical. Examples: Good Manufacturing Practice, food microbiology, auditing, Hazard analysis and Control,
· Project management and participation on projects involving cross functional teams
· A basic understanding of food processing, equipment and controls
· A basic knowledge of food packaging
· Statistics for sampling and process control
· Familiarity with food laws and regulatory guidelines
· Auditing and Risk Management
· A Bachelor of Science Degree is required with emphasis in food science/animal science.
· At least two years Commercial or Quality experience in the Food Industry is preferred.
· The physical capability of working in a manufacturing environment is essential.
· Computer skills sufficient to use data input and retrieval systems, spreadsheets, word processors and formulation applications are required.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good writing skills and presentation skills.
· Good project management skills
· Good experimental skills and a familiarity with experimental design and statistical data analysis.
· Knowledge of food manufacturing and GMPs
· Knowledge of HACCP
· Must be willing to travel 30% to 70% of the time.
· Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field is required.
· Advanced degree in Business, Engineering, or Science is preferred.
Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare US is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
In June 2013, Mars Inc in Franklin, Tennessee will become a tobacco-free workplace.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com