Food Editor & Recipe Strategist - Minneapolis, MN
Functional Area(s): Marketing Communications
Department: On our marketing communications team, you’ll be a part of a larger GCOM (General Mills Communications) team and help give our organization a broad-based communication understanding while helping to deliver world-class marketing campaigns. You’ll work with a collection of experts that few companies can match. And every day, we work together to deliver integrated campaigns that connect with customers at many levels.
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a Food Editor to provide food thought leadership to our brands, content platforms, external media, and consumers by creating recipes, generating food ideas and identifying opportunities for promoting products and their usages. All ideas are grounded in brand needs but influenced by larger food world and current and relevant food trends.
In this role you will:
• Create recipes and food ideas on a daily basis that are on-trend, talkable, and shareable that support General Mills brands and business strategies
• Leverage hands-on food skills and food trend knowledge to influence brand marketing strategies
• Articulate a strong, clear point of view on food, written and verbal (e.g. blogs)
• Partner with and influence food content strategy for brands, websites and social platforms
• Serve as a spokesperson for brand or platform public relations & media opportunities - including food demonstrations for national and local media
• Contribute to strategy and execution of Betty Crocker Kitchens thought leadership initiatives
• Participate in and leverage relationships with organizations and personalities in local and national food culture
• Bachelor’s degree in Foods and Nutrition, Food Science, Food Communications, Dietetics or Bachelor’s degree in another field in addition to a Culinary degree
• 2 years of directly related experience; 5 preferred
• Strong hands-on food skills and deep food knowledge, including experiences working in a test kitchen, working for a publication (preferably in food), writing and/or recipe testing, or currently working as a freelance food consultant or food stylist
• Strong creative recipe development skills
• Knowledge of recipe writing and best practices
• Strong communication skills, including business presentations and food writing/blogging
• Experience on-camera or with public appearances (including food demonstrations and/or interviews)
• Project management & organizational skills
• Passionate about creating food/recipe ideas for General Mills brands
• Strong food knowledge and passion for food and food content
• Strong external focus - understanding of and curiosity about food trends
• Confident in articulating a point of view and able to influence
• Interest in food ideas beyond the recipe - photography, visual recipes, video, etc.
• Collaborative; able to build relationships
• Active follower of food media (shows, publications, websites, podcasts, etc.) and involvement in digital/social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, etc.)
• Involvement in local & national food organizations
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job ID: 52016656
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org