maintains and promotes the food service sanitation inspection program for
the University of Houston. Ensures the university is in compliance with
city and state sanitation rules and regulations.
1. Inspects all university food establishments according to an established
program and schedule, and ensures compliance with city and state sanitation
rules and regulations.
2. Investigates campus complaints of food-borne illness, food sanitation
and safety. Provides assistance and information to city and state agencies
on investigations findings.
3. Coordinates Temporary Food Dealers Program including permits and
4. Reviews food vending contracts to ensure compliance with food service
sanitation rules and regulations and makes recommendations.
5. Inspects all campus facilities and grounds for general safety hazards.
6. Prepares and submits reports, with appropriate documentation of food
sanitation findings, safety inspections and makes recommendations.
7. Consults with faculty, staff, students, and vendors in matters
concerning food sanitation.
8. Develops and provide training classes on food sanitation and safety to
9. Serves as member of the emergency response team and assists in
maintaining the readiness of the associated equipment.
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
an Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty
program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
This is a
full-time position with benefit eligible.
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our
team and offers a competitive benefits package that includes: access to the
state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, on-campus Day Care
Facilities, free employee medical coverage, on-campus Health Center,
tuition scholarships and much more!