Food Technologist – Research and Technology-RES000174
Kellogg North America Company seeks a Food Technologist in Battle Creek, Michigan.
Summary of Duties:
· Develop, manage, and execute Ready to Eat Cereal projects worldwide to improve product quality while increasing the level of understanding of projects, processes, and methods.
· Write a test plan for each plant test or startup and reviews plan with appropriate plant and team members. Utilize lean tools such as root cause analysis to identify issues and provide testing guidance. Apply scientific principles and understanding to troubleshoot and resolve quality issues. Utilize statistical software tools such as Minitab to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on data analysis. Utilize Business Warehouse database to monitor impact of project recommendations on consumer complaints.
· Prior to tests, estimate testing and scale-up costs (for plant labor, burden, materials, engineering expense, etc.). After tests are complete, negotiate with plant the manufacturing test or startup costs to be charged back to the project. Track plant charge-backs in SAP system and updates budget on a period basis. Ensure timely communication of estimates, budget updates and plant charge-backs to Launch Program Manager. Work with the plant and team to estimate operational ongoing costs (raw material waste, overweights, clean-up and change-over time, etc.). Provide input on the startup curves.
· Develop production formulas, reviews them with key team members to ensure they match the official formula, and issues SAP production formulas to the plant. Issue plant requests and/or purchase orders for co-manufacturers and raw materials required for the test.
· Set up and lead the kick-off meetings with key plant and team personnel prior to initiating test. During the test or startup, lead daily team meetings with key team personnel. Communicate major issues to management. Conduct final wrap-up meeting with key team and plant personnel at the conclusion of the test. Communicate results and reviews plant produced food with management. Write and issue a plant test or startup report in a timely fashion, which includes the results, data compilation and next steps. For startup reports, process troubleshooting knowledge and Standard Operating Conditions are also included. Update the Product Manuals in a timely fashion.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, or related field of study and five years of experience in the job offered or five years of experience as an Associate Food Technologist or related role.
· Master's degree and 2 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience.
· All applicants must have prior experience in snack foods or ready to eat cereals, food processing, or related field. All applicants must have demonstrated experience with: conducting root cause problem solving analyses using lean tools such as a fishbone analysis; using statistical tools such as Minitab and Business Warehouse to analyze data; developing test plans and working with the plants to execute project test and start-ups. Demonstrated understanding of USDA regulations and requirements is necessary.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
: Research and Development
: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com