Under limited supervision, researches, conducts experiments, gathers
data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports for
the development of new products from conception through successful
commercialization. Selects appropriate methods, tests and procedures
for testing. Develops project timelines, creates technical proposals
and reports and makes recommendations.
* Base product and maintenance support.
* New Product formulation: Formulate new products to match the cost
target, ingredient statement, nutritional profile and product
attributes of the target product. Develop and document the process
for the manufacture of the new product.
* Conduct plant trials and product start-ups.
* Develop realistic project timelines in coordination with
management, marketing and the Research & Development Manager.
* Create finished product and processing specifications.
* Work closely with Engineering/Operations to source equipment
required for new product
* Other duties as assigned
* BS in Food Science or related field required plus a minimum of 3
years experience in Product Development in a food company required.
* MS in Food Science or Engineering plus 1-2 years relevant work
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence and
interact within a cross-functional organization
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
* Will travel up to 40% of time. Must be able to travel independently
and as a responsible CAG representative.