Under direct supervision, researches, conducts experiments, gathers
data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports for
the development of new products from conception through successful
commercialization. Follows established protocols and work plans.
Formulates new products to meet customers' demands and reformulates
existing products to improve quality and/or margins. Drafts technical
proposals and reports for review.
* Independently design, plan and execute experiments.
* Interpret experimental results and implement next steps.
* Demonstrate thorough knowledge of pilot plant and commercial scale
processes and equipment.
* Generate raw material, manufacturing and finished product
specifications utilizing on-line specification system.
* Work with cross-functional teams to accomplish project objectives.
* Contact external industry experts to obtain and present technical
information to the R&D organization that can be applied to
* Organize and lead project presentations to brand management.
* Maintain awareness of current technical trends and identify and
implement technologies that can be applied to increase profitability.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely completion
of project objectives in a fast-paced environment.
* Drive innovation and creativity within brand group by bringing new
ideas and prototypes for team review.
* Sporadic to frequent travel, including flying to all parts of the
U.S., possibly overseas, and driving a company or rental automobile 4
to 6 hours as needed.
* BS in Food Science or related field plus a minimum of 1-3 years
* MS in Food Science or related field plus up to 1 year relevant work
* Related fields include Nutrition, Food Chemistry, Food Engineering
* Experience in Product Development in a Food Company required,
frozen packaged goods experience preferred.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must possess high learning agility
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
* May travel up to 40% of time.
* Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible CAG