The scientist will be involved in method development and testing of food
materials that include cheese and dairy products, salad dressings and other
food emulsions, beverages and food ingredients. The scientist will employ
physicochemical techniques including particle sizing, emulsion stability,
thermal analysis, rheology and texture analysis to support product and
process development, including prototype evaluation, ingredient screening,
production scale-up, and troubleshooting. The scientist will have the
opportunity to work with product developers, process engineers and
associates in research, manufacturing, quality and regulatory functions.
- Prepare samples and run particle sizing, emulsion stability, thermal
analysis, rheological and texture analysis experiments on food products.
- Collect and analyze data using spreadsheets, write test reports, and
assist in method development.
- Keep the instrumentation in good working condition, order consumables,
and keep the laboratory in orderly and hygienic condition. SKILLS:
- BSc or higher in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical
Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in running analytical instruments in a laboratory setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task
with strong prioritization and time management skills,
highly motivated, determined and ambitious.
- Solid technical and critical thinking skills, high attention to accuracy
and detail, ability to work in a cross functional team environment,
flexible and adaptable, creative.
- Works well team and has great people skills.
- Work experience with statistics software and spreadsheets is a plus.
- Candidates with prior experience in running instrumentation for particle
sizing and emulsion stability measurements, thermal analysis, rheometers and texture analyzers are preferred.