Senior Food Safety Specialist
– Philadelphia, PA
Salary:Not Specified Why?
Food Safety, Quality
Position will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise
to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety
exposures. Individual will support Global Food Safety Consultant to
identify current state in the area of food safety and develop and execute
ARAMARK policies, programs and standards on a global basis to reduce food
safety exposures. Individual will be responsible for executing tactical
plans to drive continuous improvement and minimize exposure in the area of
food safety compliance. Position will be responsible for identifying all
types of food safety exposures and developing and implementing sound food
safety management programs.
• Develop field friendly food safety processes, programs, procedures,
enabling systems, and tools to support ARAMARK's Risk Management System and
Line of Business (LOB) clients. Based on field observations and LOB client
needs, build and communicate ARAMARK's global standards as it relates to
• Develop, execute and maintain a national strategy for governance and
regulatory compliance associated with food safety that includes measurement
and monitoring to evaluate effectiveness.
• Assist LOBs during any alleged food borne illness outbreaks, and or any
type of other claims associated with food; support Global Food Safety
Consultant during crisis management and ARAMARK's crisis management team as
it relates to food safety, food contamination, etc.
• Assess training needs associated with food safety, and develop structured
training programs and determine the appropriate delivery model for required
safe food handling training.
• Conduct field-based food safety compliance assessments to determine
adequacy of existing programs, procedures, tools, etc. Assist LOBs in
identifying exposures associated with Department of Health regulations,
while assisting them with regulatory compliance.
• Integrate and work with Supply Chain to ensure food safety systems work
seamlessly throughout the organization.
• Provide support during contract review of new and existing business to
identify food safety system exposures associated with scope of work.
• Provide oversight/management of third party vendors that provide food
safety support (e.g., assessments, disaster forensics, management system,
• Field LOB inquires requiring specific food safety technical support,
including assisting LOBs during any alleged complaints, compliance
inspections, and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc.
Individual will have a direct reporting line to Global Food Safety
Consultant. Must possess strong communication and consultative skills with
demonstrated ability to assess potential food safety risks and to propose
sound business solutions. Individual must be client focused with excellent
tactical skills to support and sustain organizational change around food
safety matters. Individual must be able to handle multiple, competing
priorities and solve problems with certainty. Success in this position will
also require excellent project and time management skills. Proficiency with
Microsoft Office applications required.
• Bachelor's degree in microbiology, food science or other food related
field (MS preferred).
• 7+ years professional experience in food safety required. Experience in
management systems or certified food safety professional designation
• Diverse background/experience in addressing all types of food safety
exposures and a proven track record of developing and implementing sound
food safety management programs.
• A strong understanding of food safety best practices (i.e., HAACP) and
Department of Health and local food safety regulations is also required.
• Knowledgeable of ISO 22000 principles (to serve global clients) is
• Working knowledge of quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO etc) is a