Food Material Scientist-WAY04422 - Wayzata, MN
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 140,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. Cargill is a leader in providing various functional ingredients to the food industry. Cargill is building up further expertise in the research area of food material science and the ingredient relationship to structure-function in finished food products. The job is particularly focused on strengthening our expertise in lipids or proteins as materials to provide structure as part of our program in Global Food Research and specifically our enabling sciences of protein/lipid chemistry and structural design and material science. The candidate for this job must have experience in lipids or proteins and their physical and functional properties.
25% - Provide expertise to the project teams working on understanding food component interactions. Interpret the roles of lipids, proteins, and/or carbohydrates in interaction with other ingredients in a food formulation. Apply creativity to formulate new food ingredients and ingredient system concepts to impart unique structural/functional characteristics in processed foods.
25% - Contribute to activitities to build competencies in developing functionalities in food material science. Contribute to/lead client-driven projects related to food ingredient structure and function with colleagues from research and application specialists.
25% - Accountable for project management and technical leadership on projects including good laboratory practices and experimental planning. Participate and/or lead a cross-functional team of scieintsts on a portfolio of projects. Report results in written and in oral presentations to cross-functional audiences.
15% - Identify and communicate business value to research leadership, broader technology leadership and business-minded colleagues. Build and maintain knowledge base in the area of expertise, connect with colleagues in the field within Cargill and with our customers. Represent Cargill at technical meetings, with customers, and with other technical and non-technical leaders inside Cargill.
10% - Lead/contribute to inventions and for intellectual property protection in the area of expertise.
· Wayzata, MN
· MS (+ 5 years experience), or PhD (+ 0 years experience) in Food Science or Food Analytical Chemistry or a closely related field. Industry experience is an asset, but not required.
· Good working knowledge of fats,oils, or proteins and their interactions with other ingredients in food systems.
· Working knowledge and/or experience with applications of food ingredients and their role in structure and function.
· Entry level understanding of transferring knowledge from research to application centers and to business units.
· Experience with application of technologies and knowledge to sustain the system and value added solutions with customer focus and innovation.
· Experience with food analytical chemistry, food chemistry, and food material science to enable transfer of research findings into food systems.
· Willingness to learn and utilize project management and experimental design.
· Experience instrument troubleshooting and maintenance.
· Strong knowledge and experience multi-disciplinary skills: Understanding of food processing, physical chemistry and analytical skills including fat and/or carbohydrate replacement in processed foods.
· Strong communication skills and ability to connect people with various backgrounds and learn from others (technical training to non-technical people.
· Feel at ease working with ambiguous situations and ability to operate independently.
· Superior technical writing and presentation skills.
· English speaking and writing skills.
· Must be able to travel 10-20%.
· Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
· Must be open to relocation.
· MS (+ 10 years experience) in Food Science or related fields.
· Industy experience demonstrating the application of fats, oils, and/or proteins to obtain desired and/or improve functionality.
· Familiarity with applications of analytical and chatracterization instrumentation used to study food structure.
· Experience in project planning and management, and portfolio of projects.
· Familiarity with alignment of goals and objectives of research and Business Units.
· Previous experience with food matrices.
· Exposure to or experience in a materials-science approach.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com