Director Food Safety
Our client, the second largest publicly traded wholesale food distributor
in the United States
has an opening for a Director Food Safety & Sanitation. The Company
distributes food products and provides support services to a variety of
retail formats including conventional supermarkets, military commissaries,
multicultural stores and extreme value stores. They are looking for someone
to provide senior leadership in directing, planning and leading companywide
food safety and sanitation programs to ensure that all distribution center
and retail locations adhere to the Company’s programs and guidelines.
- Provides leadership for all food safety and
sanitation initiatives, including evaluating and development of food
safety policies, food safety training programs and continuous
improvement of store food safety metrics.
- Provides support to all areas for
implementation of safety, sanitation and health programs and
- Partners with other departments to define,
implement and maintain appropriate food safety and sanitation
- Directs, leads and
plans food safety initiatives to identify opportunities for continuous
improvement of established food safety metrics.
- Educates and assists management to ensure
compliance with safety, sanitation and health regulatory requirements
within retail stores, review, monitor and conduct follow up on “Fresh
Check” audits and tests.
- Functions are the primary point of contact to
various regulatory officials and agencies. Effectively maintains
positive working relationships with regulatory officials and agencies
as it pertains to food safety.
- Develops, plans and
leads company-wide product recall programs.
Serves as the primary point of contact for third party food safety/
sanitation audit services.
- Leads investigations and resolution of food
safety and sanitation issues.
- May perform staff management and
administrative duties of: recruitment, training, performance
evaluation, development and disciplinary actions. Directs and sets
staffing and budgetary requirements and sets department performance
standards, policies, programs and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food
Safety, Regulatory Compliance or equivalent combination of education
- Certified Food Safety Manager and/or Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Point (HAACP) certifications preferred
- 10+ years Food Safety & Sanitation
experience including at least 5 years of supervisory/ managerial
- Current working knowledge of Food & Drug
Administration (FDA) standards, codes and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory
requirements to company operations
- Able to interpret food safety audit and test
results and define and communicate corrective actions.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, oral and
written communication, organizational, prioritization, problem solving
and analytical skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the
organization and ability to influence management and executives
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems at
both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%), to company
Position offers outstanding salary and benefits package. Qualified
candidates please send resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer