Source of Article:http://www.gmanews.tv/story/126740/61-Chinese-banquet-guests-suffer-food-poisoning
– State media says 61 villagers in northwest China were hospitalized for food
poisoning after attending a wedding banquet.
Xinhua News Agency said Monday the villagers from Gansu province all suffered from fevers,
stomachache, diarrhea and vomiting after attending last week's dinner.
The report said 17 patients were discharged but the others remained
hospitalized. No deaths were reported, and samples of the food served at the
banquet were being tested.
Calls to the local government rang unanswered.
The incident occurs as China
tries to deal with a widespread tainted milk scandal that has sickened 53,000
children. In recent days, 450 other people in the country's south became ill
after drinking water contaminated by industrial waste. - AP