Company has an exciting opportunity for a Food Safety Supervisor in Pikeville, KY.
This position assists in continuous adherence and improvement of the
facilities HACCP program. This encompasses the Food Safety Plan (HACCP) as
well as the prerequisite programs that are the foundation for effective
HACCP. Key duties include:
1. Assists in leading the cross functional team for development,
implementation and sustainability of the Plant HACCP plan and prerequisite
2. Assure raw and packaging materials and finished goods meet Company
specifications and standards with those out of specification being held,
per the HACCP plan.
3. Champion process improvements and resolution of food safety issues.
4. Ensure compliance with applicable food laws and regulations or standards
issued by regulatory agencies, as well as company
policies/procedures/standards; Manage and audit HACCP program compliance
internally and audit external suppliers as needed; Participate in and
coordinate FDA, ODA, AIB and SQF inspections.
5. Assure all Food Safety /HACCP information is obtained & integrated
for new product innovations.
6. Assist in coordination of capital spending for Food Safety projects.
7. Lead HACCP and sanitary design risk assessments.
This position reports to the Quality & Food Safety Manager and
interacts with all levels of management at the facility.
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the world's
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles,
and meat alternatives. Visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an
inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse
talent of its people. Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
- A Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry,
or a related field plus a minimum of three years of experience in quality
and food safety OR a High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of seven
years of experience in quality and food safety.
- Broad knowledge of operations and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Proven successful experience in Food Safety Systems.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization as well
as third party agencies and regulatory officials.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and provide direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and
- Proficiency with computers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical process control techniques and
their application to process control.
- Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including
microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
- Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work extended work hours and shifts as necessary, including
applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States
now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
position is currently accepting applications.