Food Scientist – Pleasanton, CA
Job Code : BHJOB3479_306934
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Manufacturing/ Production/ Operations
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Compensation : 0.00 Per Year
Location : Pleasanton CA US 94588
Job Description :
FOOD QC/QA CHEMIST
Our client is one of the nation’s largest corn refiners and a major supplier of high-quality food ingredients and industrial products derived from the wet milling and processing of corn and other starch-based materials.
?>****MUST HAVE 1-2 YEARS OF FOOD EXPERIENCE****
Perform analytical analyses of in process and finished products samples and report required results in a timely manner to company personnel.
1. Follow GOOD LABORATORY PRACTICES (GLP), GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES (GMP) and all company safety rules.
2. Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment and perform minor repairs.
3. Analysis for 2-AAP using the computerized HPLC and for protein using the Elementar system and interpret results and trouble shoot equipment if needed.
4. Analyze samples and monitor conformance to specifications.
5. Provide analytical support to plant for problem solving or optimizing processes. Perhaps run special or non-routine analyses to furnish support.
6. Communicate results in SAP, e-mail, and orally to the appropriate parties.
7. Perform usage decisions on product to approve or reject product or supplies as needed.
8. Perform analysis as written in manuals or method books.
9. Train other analysts or plant personnel in laboratory techniques as needed.
10. Maintain a clean, safe work environment and sample storage area.
11. Monitor laboratory supplies and data sheets and restock or inform management to reorder as needed.
12. Use company’s computer software when needed.
13. Work with a minimum of supervision, make appropriate decisions, work in harmony with fellow employees.
14. Comply with ISO 22000 quality and food safety system and investigate out of specification results when applicable.
15. Cross train to be able to perform all analysts jobs as needed.
16. Write laboratory procedures as needed.
1. Bachelor degree in Science or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate well written or orally.
3. Experienced in sensory evaluation recommended.
4. Experienced working in a food laboratory.
5. Familiar with microscopes, moisture ovens, NIR equipment, HPLC, and microbiological techniques.
6. Knowledge of corn wet milling processes recommended.
7. Ability to work well with others.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills SAP, Lotus Notes, Word, and Excel.
9. Demonstrate the experience working with a diverse workforce.
1. Vision; near vision to see objects clearly within 20 inches, sharp focus to adjust vision when doing close work and full spectrum vision to identify and distinguish color.
2. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers.
3. Standing for extended periods of time.
4. Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
5. Occasional pushing, pulling, and lifting objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
6. Ability to move about to collect samples and complete compliance audits.
How to apply to this job
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org