Safety Supervisor - Rossville, TN
Assignment Lab Support
Rossville, TN 38066
On Assignment Lab Support has a great opportunity for
Food Safety Supevisor to work with our client in the Memphis area. This is a
contract position to fill their immediate needs.
· Ensure the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other
food safety programs for a specific manufacturing location.
· Ensure the facility delivers the required standards of food safety according
to policies, procedures, and practices.
· Responsible to manage facility inspections, traceability, testing, vendor
auditing, and microbial program compliance.
· Responsible for the delivery of continuous improvement and working with
Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs.
· Deliver these accountabilities through direct involvement with
manufacturing support personnel.
· Responsible to ensure Microbial program compliance and sanitation
· Accountable for allergen program management and compliance.
· Ensure key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management,
and microbial program metrics are established, and the delivery of the
established metrics and Key Performance Indices.
· Ensure adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, corporate
policies and practices.
· Reports to the Quality & Food Safety Manager
· Interact with all levels of management at the facility, to include the
Operations Manager and his/her direct reports, supervisors and operators.
Also, may interact with Corporate Quality & Food Safety personnel.
Environment includes plant, warehouse, and plant grounds.
Must be physically capable of lots of walking, climbing, squatting etc. to complete
This position may require approximately 5% travel and work/maintenance
coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays.
BA degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent and 5 to 7 years
experience in quality & food safety is required.
Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food - safety is required.
Strong written & verbal communication skills, analytical ability,
leadership strengths and ability to work effectively with a team are
Computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Food processing and packaging is desired.
Experience in managing processes is preferred.
candidates forward resumes to Apply
Here and reference
Food Safety TN
Assignment Lab Support
Opportunities are Available Now for Scientists Are you looking for a company
with science in its DNA? On Assignment Lab Support is a recognized
leader in the scientific staffing industry. Since 1985, our sole focus has
been to place scientific professionals at all career levels in contract,
contract-to-hire and direct hire positions. With a reputation for one-to-one
career counseling and a track record that includes the placement of over
200,000 scientists, On Assignment Lab Support has built a reputation
as one of the best in the business. On Assignment Lab Support is
supported by a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets,
international branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific
companies and over 20 years of experience putting People First!
For more information visit us online at http://www.oalabsupport.com