Food Technologist – Cincinnati, OH
John Morrell & Co, a member of the John Morrell Food Group, has a Food technologist position available in Springdale, Ohio.
The Food Technologist will provide Research & Development, lead projects (or portions of projects) and document all results as well as the research of programs to drive cost optimization through formulation and processing efficiencies, create new prototypes for product development initiatives, and identify/approve potential ingredient and manufacturing suppliers.
· Develop new products and line extensions from bench top to commercialization under direct supervision.
· Perform pilot plant tests to generate product prototypes, document, organize product reviews, and provide oral and written communication on progress of projects.
· Able to run production tests at manufacturing plants developing commercially viable new products or reformulated products to improve quality.
· Work with on-line formulation data base system creating or adjusting product formulations.
· Maintain accurate project files, formulations, specifications and product/ project data.
· Work with cross functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Process Control etc) in projects providing product development support to the Projects.
· Able to improve product development skills though appropriate training, understanding USDA/ FDA regulations and hands-on working in projects.
Assist other R&D team members if required to generate product prototypes
· Ability to Multi-task. Should possess strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
· Strong scientific knowledge of meat, non-meat ingredients and their functionality. Able to work with pilot plant equipment with minimum supervision.
· Must be a quick learner
· Proficient in on-line work systems and product development software tools.
· May require traveling up to 40% of time.
· BS in Food Science or related field plus a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant plant manufacturing experience in the meat processing industry.
· MS in Meat/ Food Science with 0-2 years relevant meat manufacturing experience preferred.
Cincinnati , Ohio, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org